28 May 2007

Free to fly

I'm seeing Laura soon for a wee photo shoot (I hope they come out good, I'm not a pro in any sense at all! But just must get some shots to accompany an article..Should've asked Doro to take them, now she is really a good photographer with an artistic eye! Artist as she is..

Anyways, my little sis has her rippijuhlat in a few weeks time, and I tought I'd like to sing a song/couple of songs to her. I was thinking which ones to do and making a list.. "Olet Vapaa" (transl. "You are free") is one that I like! And it started playing in my head.

"Niinkuin linnunpoika joka kurkkii pesästään,
meitäkin nyt tuuli kutsuu lentämään.
Siivet saimme Jumalalta, siivet sydämeen.
Lentää saimme valoon, lentää vapauteen.

Irti päästä,olet vapaa lähtemään.
Anna suuren tuulen puhaltaa!
Irti päästä, olet vapaa elämään,
vapaa palvelemaan Jumalaa."

It's one my favourite "ripari" songs that one, love the lyrics and melody. (I'l ltranslate it for you guys later, no time just now.) Well, I'm not sure yet if that'll be it, I've got some other songs coming up - and also probably in two weeks time you can expect a "down the memory lane" with my own ripari experience, riparimuistelot it shall be I'm sure..It's bound to happen! 12 years ago it was for me..Ok, but I'll save that for later and not go into that just yet (plus no time Mimo!!) But yep, that song is very personal to me.. But I do want to give her a song that is her, and not me, heh! I'm not sure if she feels like those lyrics. I'll have to see closer to the date, how her ripari time goes. (Btw, ripari is this "confirmation camp" - a Lutheran tradition for 15 year olds where issues christian faith are explored with having some fun on the side! The pentecostals and free church have their own similar version, so it is a big cultural thing here. Oh yes, and almost all 15 year-olds do it, christian or not, it's a tradition..86% of Finnish people belong to the lutheran state church you see..) Oh hand the date is June 16th! So not actually far away.. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missä sun sisko on riparilla?

Mimosa said...

Heips Rituuuu!! :-)Ihan Launeella se on,päiväriparilla, ei menny läpi mun Vivamo ym.-mainostukset.. :( Harmi, kun siltä jää leireilytkin (Kaek hauska siis =)) väliin, mut ite halus noin..