27 August 2007

God is making a beautiful thing

..in the midst of all the pain. I know.

I just got home late last night, been with my brother's wife and my nieces. I love my nieces! Last night I was like, whaat? What shall I do now? You know, when you've spent all of last some days, intensively, with two wee ones, they've become ever more dear to you (And I spent now more time with them than ever before) - it's like, hey what now?!? Now I understand the parents who spend a lot of time with their kids, and then when they are not there for a moment you don't know what to do with yourself! (Even if you have missed spending some own time!) I just love these girls ever more dearly after our time spent together. I love them.

We went to this church yesterday, it's a church where my brother &his wife were wed. There was an intercession for the family, My brother's mum (who is not my mum) had asked for it. so we were all there.. Anyway, when we got back, Jessica's friends from the neighbour's was on the yard, and first thing whenJessica got out of the car she said to her friend "Guess where we were! we went to the church to pray for Daddy!", then came another girl out and again the first thing she said was
"Guess where we were! We went to the church to pray for Daddy!". And then came a third girl outside, and again she said the same thing "Guess where we were! We went to the church to pray for Daddy!" :-)

It was a new thing for her, and she spread the news.

I myself had, and have had, a huge need to to tell everyone. It is such a shocking thing I guess. Don't quite realise the fullness or the reality of it all. What, M., you are not coming back? You are not just on some work trip? That's what we all feel. Will take some time. But the kids make us to go on as well - you have to. But we are sad...

5 comments:

philotheos said...

Hi, this is Pei En here. I'm really sad to hear about your brother. Will be praying for you and the rest of the family during this difficult time. May you continue to experience His sufficient grace, may His Spirit give you peace and comfort even as you grieve.

"The eternal God is your refuge,
and underneath are the everlasting arms." Deut 33:27

Take care!

Mimosa said...

Hi Pei En, nice to hear from you!! and thanks for your words.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mimosa!
I don't even know you and still I was so sad to read about your brother!! I'm so sorry!
Be blessed.
Jes.42:2

~maya~ said...

hei mimosa. :)
ma otin kans tan blogger jutun mut en ole siihen viela paljon tutustunut..

olet mun rukouksissa. *haleja*

Maija

Dianne Crozier said...

Hi Mimosa,
I feel that God just led me to your blog now...I was reading about the Iceland trip and then I saw your name, I have a book by Amy Carmichael called Mimosa! I was in Berlin the last 5 days and met some lovely people from Finland, maybe I will come over one day from Ireland***
I'm really sorry to hear about your brother, my friend died 2 years ago from being in a motorbike accident...
I will be praying for you and your family... May you know God's hand of comfort and His love deeply...may He draw you close to Himself...

take care of yourself,

much much love

Dianne Crozier *** xoxo