27 July 2007

The One I have my faith in



*The Everlasting God by Lincoln Brewster*

I am reading at the moment "Power from on High"
by Charles G.Finney (Voima Korkeudesta suomeksi, Kiitos Lahden Kristillinen kirjakauppa! :) ) . Tough dude, tough speak! =) I think this video suits the book, bcos the book talks a lot about waiting upon the Lord, waiting upon God to mission us. ( By this I mean not just the calling, but also sending. Authorisation.) That we wouldn't go out in our own power. Like Jesus did give the commandment in Matthew 28, but He also told them to WAIT in Jerusalem, until He gives them the POWER to go out (Luke 24:49). Which they did, and you can read what was the outcome of their waiting in Acts 2. (Finney also points out, that they weren't just waiting with thumbs crossed - well "crossed" they probably were, as in PRAYER. They were keeping in touch with Him, talking to Him. Waiting expectantly, as in waiting to receive something. For He promised. And He was Jesus, who they knew wouldn't just give out false promises!! The promise is for us today too..How would we be any different from the Disciples. We need His Power, His clothing for us. It is crucial that we let Him dress us before we head to any battles! It might involve some dying to self, as sometimes it might not feel so nice, to have to wait, but if you were in the army you wouldn't go into the battle insufficiently armed, without the "armour" so to speak..)

In John 15:5 Jesus says "You can do nothing without me". One of the most profound truths that I learned three years ago when I took a course that Marlene Howard lead for us, was that "What God calls me to, He will equip me to do". Often we can find ourselves doing things in our own might. Which will not take us very far.. It's so important to learn to lean on Him and be dependant on Him. Sometimes it involves waiting. Waiting to receive that strenght, that healing, that peace..Whatever it is one needs. It's important to know the difference of times - to know when it is a time to stay and a time to leave.

Even if it's slightly wistful to be writing this to you from partly candlelight room in the middle of packing all my things into pink-lidded (is that a word?) boxes (and now, TODAY they had the blue-lid boxes on sale!!! The ones I was wanting in the first place.. Well, maybe I'm more co(o)lourful than that..Hehe..For some reason my life has been filled with bright pink the last few weeks!! Anyways, who cares with the blue, I already bought all the boxes..Maybe I'll try get a pic for all yours to see.. =) They're actually rather fun, these ones with pink lids, they're see-through otherwise.)

...I will miss this, but I also know that the time is up now. Up for new adventures in life! Some things have to go, before new ones can come in..

PS. About the video, I don't think anyone is daft to have to have the texts in it, but I just prefer the Lincoln Brewster version of the song to the Chris Tomlin one! I like the Finnish translation a lot too..

"Uusi voima nousee kun mä odotan
Kun mä Herraa odotan

Herraa odotan"

That is for sure. We can trust that He'll be here for us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moi Mimo! Oli pakko tarttua tohon off-topicciin... Mullakin on niitä pinksu kantisia lootia, myös niitä sinisä ja valkokantisia. Ne on tosi käteviä kun täytyy yrittää jemmata koko omaisuutensa jonnekin!
Hienoa etten ole ainoa!
Terkuin
Reija

Mimosa said...

Hehee loistavaa!! :-) Tarjoustalosta? Sieltä mä ostin..Itseasiassa ne on tosi hauskoja :) Ja käteviä, kyllä todella!! Siukkui & Nähd pian! :)

Anonymous said...

Moikka Mimo..oletko sä muuttamassa jonnekin kun tavaroitasi pakkailet?
Meillä alkaa tänään skole,ja viimeisiä vapauden hetkiä nautin tässä..