26 June 2006

Thirsty for God



I like heart-wrenching stuff :-) Passion. Honesty. Truth. This is Shawn McDonald's "I am nothing"


"Shawn consistently refuses the easy way out in life, art, or theology. Instead, hope, redemption and worship are discovered in the context of real searching, struggling, questioning, and pain. "Honesty is huge," Shawn explains. "That's what I think people connect with in my concerts. I get up there and I talk about my life and my struggles and my experiences, good and bad. I sing and talk about it all. I talk about the grime of life. I can't understand a version of Christianity that would deny all that. How can we have a true picture of what grace is if we don't admit our own sin and brokenness?"

A yearn for a deeper experience of divine relationship is always answered. What can be filled if there isn't a thirst first? Facing reality and the TRUTH about things sets us free. It sets a man free.

"The theme that comes across the most in this project is my need of God," Shawn says. I can't get away from the fact that we need more than ourselves."

The whole biography where I took these bits out of can be found in here

No comments: