08 July 2007

Sunday song # 2643

My song of the day: Jon McLaughlin/Industry



Found this live performace by him on this same song -check it out, he's an amazing pianist! Pretty awesome. Found Jon McL's music sometime last year.

I think this song beautifully describes the feeling one has before stepping into something new, whatever "debut" one has in life, fear can creep in - what if nothing comes out of it? What if I make fool of myself? Dare I walk into this new thing? But then -

"If I don't keep going it'll just go to show
That I’ve been beat by an industry I’ve never seen"

So - there's no harm trying! See what comes out of it. At least you tried! And it might turn out much better than you ever thought.. And I like how he is simply saying in the song,
"This is me"

This is me!

:)



Well ,this wasn't any huge analysis on the song, just some thoughts..and of course we all take out different things from songs =) But there's some 2 pennies worth from me. (Literally two :))

Was also reading Paul's letter to Galatians today, I might post and share on that later.

No comments: