04 May 2006

What really matters

Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame

I am pretty into this song "From the inside out" by Hillsong United. You can hear it here.


Yesterday
I found out that there is a "rukouspiiri" (a prayer group meeting) at the school I am teaching in. It meets two times a week, on wednesdays and fridays. My heart so rejoices over that! There are quite a few pupils wearing a cross necklace. Of course that doesn't yet mean that they were necessarily christian, but still.. In some ways I realise that I'd much rather be speaking to them and encouraging them in the the things that REALLY matter...To be encouraging them in the faith walk, to talk to them about God who loves them and in whom they can always find refuge in and trust no matter what.. Feed them spiritually (for I know they are hungry!) I mean spreading the English language and culture is not bad either but really - the eternal matters do win over English any day!

I'd just SO love to be there encouraging them to live their faith out at the school & in life in general. To be a support. Also, today I received an email in which I was told how they'd had a 24-7 Prayer Room in the
Diaconia University of Applied Sciences in Helsinki, at a school - Wow!!! That's what I'd like to see happen more! Having a place to meet God in the midst of every day life.

No comments: