07 May 2006

Vapaa Oon!

I was here..! Dancing away along with all the others! See a Finnish Worship video.. "Vapaa Oon" (I am free)

There's been two Gwyneth Paltrow movies on this weekend and tonight was "Sliding Doors" and all thru this weekend I've been thinking about culture..(Bcos of Gwynnie and the movie, and bcos of Johanna's email from Toronto and Sharon's text msg..etc etc.. lots things sparked this trail of thought this weekend)

There's something about the UK that draws me there, and I really like the country&its culture. (Sliding Doors the movie - - made in London plus John Hannah with his Scottish accent in it enough to make me remember UK!) But then, there is so much why I am "proud" to be a Finn too! So many things about our culture that I really respect and am glad to be a part of, glad to be "of" this country. And even though I love
also living in the UK, it is of course so home here, I guess sbcos it surely outweighs UK in familiriaty for me, - I mean 3 years vs. 20+ 3 yearsshould be pretty obvious LOL.

What is it that I most love about my country then? I've been thinking how could I put my finger on it, and I think it is this: it's down-to-Earth here. Down-to-Earth. And the honesty. I hope it keeps this way, and that we don't lose the heritage we have from our forefathers in this ever-globalising world. All the berry- and mushroom picking, knitting socks, making yuor own juices from the berries you've picked..together with lots of other things. Like our education system, "free" HEALTHY school food, and the welfare state that looks after the weaker in the society making sure all get to study and have a home etc.

(BTW I have some catching up to do- it's been a long time that I've been picking up berries, forgotten mostly how to make socks, and have never yet made any juices..It's a mission for me this summer to learn to make juice! And to get my a** to the woods to get some blueberries picked!!)

Ahh not sure if this made any sense or had any coherence -- well some thoughts though not very collected ones tonight.

Blessings to ya'll !! God loves you a lot!! Yes, He does He really really DOES!

3 comments:

Mimosa said...

Hehe..thanks for comment Tuija :)

Ash said...

Hey Mims,

I watched that video - it's really nice - ofcourse I couldn't understand a word of Finnish but it was still really nice. It looked like a 'Hillsong' church. Is it?

Love Ash x

Mimosa said...

Hi Ash!

Yeah I thought it's nice too. That video wasn't actually from any particular church, but from a conference organised by many different churces. The conference is called "NÄKY" that means "Vision"in English. Not very far though that Hillsong reference, as Brian Houston is going to be the main speaker at the conference this year! :-)

Mimosa