10 October 2005

Servant Leadership

Swedish grammar, here I come!!

Working here this week.

I like the school and I like the atmosphere! I've really enjoyed being there, hence the post :) The students have been communicative, which is awesome. It's much better to have some interaction (is that the right word? I mean vuorovaikutus ) than a mimomonologue. I like trying to find out ways to make them be interactive and to mobilise them. I've also realised being a teacher you really are doing servant leadership. You are trying to lead & to direct & to equip. I like delivering information. To pass on something that I know or have. Trying to bring out the best in people and encouraging them to really become the persons they are meant to be.

To reach their full potential. School is one of the places for that. Suddenly I feel I wouldn't mind doing this long-term. Being part of the community, getting to know the students, walk awhile of their path beside them. Maybe this is my place in life, to be the scent of Christ? At least for some time? Teachers are so essential in our society, what they do has huge impact and influence and they really are the foundations. Like apostles and prophets for church. Teachers build up this country! There's definetily never too many christians in education. And the kids are in such a tender age, so much in need of encouraging people around them! Hey, let's all populate all the Finnish schools!! yeah! Let's go and pass on all the good we have to this youth, and encourage them! Let's be there for this generation!! Let them have what we maybe didn't have! (When I was in primary school, we started the day every morning with singing a hymn and always prayed before going for lunch. I doubt that exists much anymore? But God has plans to claim back what belongs to Him! New strategies in the battle!)

Btw, the Finnish Upper Secondary is a 3 year school. Isn't that just how long Jesus was with His disciples! He was equipping and teaching them for 3 years, before sending them out into the World (ref. Matt.28) ...and isn't that just what happens to sixth formers? Family and school equipping them to go out into the world..it's like they come out of tube or something! Like birth..Wohou, my thoughts ae just going forwards from one thing to the next. How did I get from being a teacher to high school students coming out of a tube, and thinking of birth? Well, so happens! :)

Ok, these were my ramblings today. Thanks for praying for me, I have felt lifted and carried!!
Filled by love and alive inside of me. Love you all!

No comments: