20 October 2005

Closer to you

I'm feeling rather disconnected, detached, like a boat sailing solo @mo. I miss being home, I miss my mum, and I miss the little sis. I even miss Scotland. Neist Point. I miss having anything that is familiar to me, and i feel at home in. Something that I feel connected to. Sometimes I really miss the university surroundings. Sometimes I feel like I an alien here in this city that has a big working class background. Yet I love being here and being rooted here. Ohh, what a contrast of feelings! They can be overwhelming sometimes. They say that the return move home produces even a bigger culture shock. It's true. I just feel like I come from another planet sometimes. I don't know really though if this has anything to do with me having lived abroad, and feeling more home in international surroundings. It's really an inner thing! And I am really tired just now. Wouldn't matter where I was. Although, e.g. one sunday last month I did feel a lot happier after I had discussed in French for an hour and a half with Doro's friend Gilles. I guess, something fundamental about me is that I love learning and I love finding out new things!!
I love meeting people from different cultures, or just people in general. I believe that:

a. each one of us is an image of God
b. each one of us is unique
c. I can learn something new from every single person I meet
d. Ultimately every person can take me closer to God and help me find out something new about Him!

Okey do, I think what I really need now is soaking.. spending some time with my Daddy who created me and loves me and fills my every need.

Miss you and Love you all. You are in my heart!

- tired and suffering from wisdom teeth as well - Mim-

No comments: