21 December 2006

Only God is God

This is one of my favorite songs of all time, love it!! It is an amazing live performance in the White House. So here goes, ladies and gentlemen, Steven Curtis Chapman with "God is God".



It's all about recognising His sovereignity...He is my God. and I love being His child. Worshiping Him, I hope my life brings glory to the One who created me. He loves me, sooooo loves me. And that is what changed my life, for good, 15 years ago. Understanding Hehis love for me. His love has changed me, and keeps changing me! (And Im still on the road of discovery of His love for me)

Actually the other day I was reading about Jehoshaphat in 2 Chronicles 17-19. I love it how even when we make bad choices
God comes out to rescue us when we call out to Him! (Jehoshaphat , king of Judah, had allied himself with Ahab king of Israel through marriage, and this was not a good alliance for him, for all its influences. Ahab wasn't a godly man and only sought his own good) Jehoshaphat went into battle with Ahab in Ramoth Gilead though the prophet Micaiah warned about it, and Jehoshaphat ended up being betrayed by Ahab.


"but Jehoshaphat cried out, and the LORD helped him."
2 Chronicles 18:31

God still helped! When Jehoshaphat called out to Him!

In 2 Chronicles 16 you can read about king Asa (And the chapters before it). They were different kind of leaders and had different leadership style; or mostly the kings either served God, recognised that their authority came from Him or they didn't. And the difference between Jehoshaphat and Asa was that even in sickness and in his old age , Asa didn't turn to God
for God to help unlike Jehoshaphat inthe midst of his distress. I'm sure God would've been there for Asa too in an instant, if he simply had turned to Him.

Oh also liked this post by Brian Heasley about Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, they are some of my favorite guys in the Bible! Who and what we bow down to..

Oh, how great are the riches
of His wisdom and knowledge

How unsearchable for to Him and
through Him and
from Him are all things


So let us worship before the throne
Of the One who is worthy of worship alone

(Lyrics from the song above)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hej hej hallå! Ja jag heter Mimo. Bara Mimo. Heter du Mimosa? (-: