15 December 2006

Beyond the walls of religion



Great message here, it is a Day of Fire interview and they are talking about what I could name as a "part two" or continuation to "take the church out".

"We gotta go beyond the walls of religion
We've got to go and love people where they are at
We gotta go where people are"


"The way you live your life
is the biggest testimony to people

Live your life so that it makes people ask
why you live your life that way"


That made me think about some things I thoroughly believe in and have believed for..well, a long time! That is..
"Live the life and lead by example!"

We ALL lead by example. With the way I live my life, the things I do, with every action I communicate something, and it always has some sort of impact on people. I mean you might think "what, me? But I have no significance like that.." But you never know who might be looking up to you and taking example of you in how they lead their lives. For example, I think about "What would my children think?" What kind of example do I want to leave to them? Or any future generations? Anyone? The decisions I do today has an impact on them too! And I dont even have any children yet. (even close, haha. Nae married) :) Basically, you matter, your life matters, and the things you do matter. They do! You matter honey! And so often we truly are oblivious to those who actually care about what we do.

"The church is there to re-charge the batteries,
the church is there for believers to be ministered to
so that they can go out
taking God out to people
who dont know God
"

I so believe in that too and sometimes it seems to me like the church has lost the plot when it comes to that. We need support, we need a resting place, we need a place where we can charge our batteries.

Well, had this on my heart today...

Much love to you all!
love
Mimo

No comments: