02 April 2006

A really nice day

This sunday has been. We went to Helsinki to see a ballet of Martin Luther! Dmitri Bugayev who has directed and choreographed it is a believer, but otherwise none of the ballet dancers are. Yet it was pure gospel. I went with some of my cell group. And on the way back we stopped by at our senior pastors Markku's and Anita's house in Kerava for a cuppa( well dinner it was more like it!) were there was nice food, chat and prayer. Their house reminded me of Maria's parents house in Orimattila. Cosy, warm, homy, peaceful. Maria came to my class when I was on 4th grade - that's when you are 10 years old in Finland. By the way, they moved to Orimattila from Kerava..which is where we were today..interesting detail!

But yeah, it was a huge blessing to me that they did move to Orimattila. When they did, the love of God came close to me. Maria became my best friend. They were christians. The love in their home really touched me and I longed for the same love. I started going to Sunday School and King's Kids with her (and without her). I dont remember one time that Marias mum would have spoken to me about being saved or taking Jesus into my life or anything. She might have but at least I dont remember so. (my sunday school teacher did that) But the love in their life was prove of God to me. I just knew it was God. If God was this love, I wanted it too. I wanted to be part of His family. Then one time my sunday school teacher told us there was heaven and hell, and nobody else's faith could save me, but I had to choose where I wanted to be, on which side myself. and that Jesus is the way. So I thought about it. And sometime after when I was cycling in Orimattila by myself on a sunny autumn day I decided that I wanted to be with God. On His team.

I truly believe Maria and her family was Godsent to my life. They only lived in Orimattila about 4 years, moving away in christmas 1994. I know that God cares about me so much that he easily could've sent them just so that I'd get t know God's love for me..to be saved saved saved. They were such a blessing to my life, that family. The love in their lives was what spoke to me. Especially Maria's mum. She was and is such a scent of Christ. The warmth, the caring heart and the love in her. She truly was a living love letter from God to me. And her example still inspires me to be the same, a godly caring loving woman. (Many other women inspire me too.. E.G. Anita has the same softness, gentleness, loving and caring..She inspires me as well)

Anne, Maria's mum, if you ever read this.. Know that from the bottom of my heart, I am thankful. I know nothing better than to be saved, to be a christian, to be with Christ. The best thing I know is to be a christian. THE BEST THING.

No comments: