27 March 2012

Sunday thoughts

I read this somewhere today:

"Having said that, what I really seek and appreciate is integrity. I appreciate an honest, truth-seeking atheist infinitely more than a quasi-christian who is blind to his own faults and thinks he is somehow superior to others." 


Kudos!!! The last part gives me an usch.


It is amazing what a walk can do. Was along leading worship yesterday evening with my friend John - maybe because of that, and two weeks of long working days and somewhat stressful time at work, I was soooo beat yesterday evening when I got home, and felt quite muddled this morning too. And all day. Until I went for a walk. I just got back, and it is amazing what fresh air and exercise (and some food) do to you. I came back with a clear and refreshed mind and being. Thank you God. I thought that muddledness was never going to leave! Back to feeling and being myself.

I, along with a few others have been complaining in Facebook about the weather here. It gives us a slap in the face, when it's been already very springy with sunshine and warmth.. and then you wake up to SNOWING the next day.

Comments on facebook by friends:

More snow. Seriously!!!
This snow hurt my feelings this morning.
It is beautiful.... But when we've seen basically summer the past week this is just a slap in the face, like the weather saying 'fooled ya!'

My own was:

Seriously, snow? It was spring in Helsinki yesterday.

To which some friends commented: 
Why are all the Finns surprised about this? Even us wretched foreign scum know that you don't expect it to stop snowing until Vappu.

I replied:  
We forget. The short memory helps us to survive and continue living in this country.

Some friends from abroad wrote:

Nice!! I would like some snow! But saying that, it's 21 degrees her today and sunny- so I guess I can deal with that!!


A friend from Scotland: 
Give us a few hours ... Packing kids and we will head over!!! Lol!! ;)

Here's proof to you what Helsinki looked like on Friday:






Photos taken with my mobile, therefore crappy quality. But, look no snow!!!

1 comment:

Karenkool said...

We also had the lovely summery weather only to be slapped with a major temperature drop, but no snow. Its a tough pill to swallow. Hah. You guys will survive it though. I'm sure of it.

Love to you! And cheers to a soon coming summer weather.