10 July 2011

Remembering: Happy birthday



Written on the eve of July 9th

A little sombre this eve. Feel a little sad. Below here is a photo of my goddaughter and eldest niece, she's 9 :)
(and myself)

Tomorrow would be her daddy's 43rd birthday. If he were here. This week, a famous Finnish athlete, a namesake of my brother's and nearly of the same age, died. The death of Mika Myllylä, and my brother's birthday coinciding in the same week, of course has brought it all to mind. Sometimes I see men about the same age as my brother who look like him. They remind me of him. Most of all, I feel so sad for the girls. I feel so sad for my goddaughter to have lost her daddy. More than anything, I wish it wasn't so. I wish she didn't have to grow up without her daddy. When you see this pic, will you say a prayer for her? I'll be giving her a hug.


(That's us at a concert in January, hence the clothes :))

Happy Birthday, Mika. I miss you.

No comments: