25 June 2011

a good daddy

via Kathy Escobar

then, a chunk of years ago i met my friend mike. we became connected through a recovery ministry and over time he began to do some of the things that a good daddy would do:


- he showed up for things i was doing

- he told me he was proud of me

- he prayed for me

- he hugged me and told me he loved me

- he listened when i cried

- he worried about me.


in loving redemptive community like this, part of my soul has been restored. he’s helped me restore some of my relationship with God & myself & my real dad, too.


in the body of Christ, we are supposed to be mothers & fathers & sisters & brothers & daughters & sons for each other. it’s hard to pull off because it requires intimacy, work, risk, trust, and a host of other things we are scared to do. but in the end, so much healing and transformation can happen.

No comments: