17 May 2011

Awakening



We had the pleasure of worshiping in the market square of my home town led by Hillsong London - in the very centre of the city!! What a blessing. Awesome.

This song was probably my favourite of the evening.

In our hearts Lord

In this nation
Awakening

Holy Spirit
We Desire
Awakening

For You and You alone

Awake my soul

Awake my soul and sing

Like the rising sun that shines
From the darkness comes a light
I hear Your voice say
This is my awakening

To round it off Finland won the Ice Hockey World Championship the next day, on Sunday eve. The team and every one gave credit to the team play that it was a team effort, no one star, "no soloing" they said. The best comment came from the Carolina Hurricanes left wing player Tuomo Ruutu:

"When you care about others,
this is what it ends up looking like"


ie. when you care of others and not just yourself, you end up winning. World Champion.
When you don't just try to glorify yourself, but think of the team. What wise and humble words! When you lay your life down for others... instead of seeking glory simply for yourself... (or what you think may get you higher glory) Does it sound familiar?

If your first concern is to look after yourself, you'll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you'll find both yourself and me. Matthew 10:39 (The Message)

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
John 15:13 (NIV)

What a great message. Well done Leijonat! (The Finnish team is called The Lions.) Well done Tuomo Ruutu! Well done Mikko Koivu!!

PS. Photos to follow. When I get a chance...
PS2. If you can read Finnish, I recommend this blog post by my former school friend :)

No comments: