11 November 2010

B.o.B - Airplanes (Feat. Hayley Williams of Paramore)



And when your plans unravel in the sand
What would you wish for?
So airplane airplane sorry I'm late
I'm on my way so don't close that gate

Somebody take me back to the days
Before this was a job, before I got paid
Before it ever mattered what I had in my bank
Yeah back when I was tryin' to get into the subway
And back when I was rappin' for the hell of it
But now a days we rappin' to stay relevant
I'm guessin that if we can make some wishes outta airplanes

Then maybe yo maybe I'll go back to the days
Before the politics that we call the rap game

So can I get a wish to end the politics
And get back to the music that started this sh-t

When your plans unravel in the sand,
What would you wish for?



Hmm, I think the story of the song can be quite relevant to many fields other than rap! Also maybe those working within the "church"... Or any of us, whatever it is we do, if it is something that started out of passion, from our hearts... that wasn't just a job. It's like finding your way back to the roots..

Watch a rocking recent live performance of this here! (mtv european music awards)

No comments: