19 February 2012

My tribute



If I should die this very day
Don't cry, 'cause on Earth we weren't meant to stay
And no matter what the people say
I'll be waiting for you after the Judgement day


Life is precious. That's what I've been thinking this week, as I've had a really good week - and felt happy and thankful, thankful for this Life of mine! 

Today we were also celebrating my sister-in-law's 40th birthday. It made me think life (hers in this instance) really is worth celebrating for! And should be celebrated! What a gift it is and we all are to each other. And how lucky she is to have all those people (who were there) in her life. I also thought of the one who wasn't there... I'm pretty sure he would have wanted to be there. It still feels like something is missing. That he should have been there. Will we ever stop missing him? I missed him there today. I wish he had been there. It's been nearly five years.  I guess it's always these milestones where you miss those gone before you the most. I missed him today.

And thinking of life and death - and Whitney Houston's death. It was reported  that she had been speaking a lot about meeting Jesus and being ready to meet Jesus. Also on TMZ. (And in Finnish newspapers...) How her life is lifting His name up! She's celebrating with Him now. We miss her. But her life so was worth celebrating for! And how thankful, that she was able to share her gift of music with us. It just speaks to me of following your dreams and pursuing that which you were created for.

This song, my love is your love is one of my favorites, if not the favorite from Whitney. At the end, whatever storms life brings and at the end I'll be okey. Because Jesus loves me.



PS. A friend of mine also lost her brother just two weeks ago. Please keep her and her family in your prayers...

No comments: