02 September 2011

I need a pair of these




Please excuse the quality of these - they were taken with my mobile. Yes, the weather's been a lot like that in Finland :/

I've been off work today as I'm down with a cold/flu (something like that). I was at work on Thursday though already had a very sore throath and one of my colleagues asked me "so why are you here??" Ive had head ache for three days this week.. Today being the worst. Felt like crying. The medicine has kicked in now, so I don't feel as horrible as I have all day.  I'm even online! (though I probably shouldn't, but I'm a little bored..) Only a few hours ago I felt like crying for mommy. You know the feeling. I just hope I am well by Monday as I was just off work for four days only LAST week due to another illness - jeez!! But there seems to be this flu/cold wave already going on in Finland - so many people I know are ill, facebook also telling of others.. already now, and it's only been end of August/beginning of September? We're all falling ill already?? And I am sad to add myself to those numbers. I saw last weekend  too many people who were, had been, or were going to be sick. Guess it was due to come :/

Anyway, what a long babble about that.

I went rollerblading after a loooooooong while the other week.


Some scenery along the way...
random field








Yes I live in a city - you may not believe from these pictures but that's Finland for you :) These are the outskirsts though I must admit. Though it's only some kilometres from my house, right near the centre..
Ok, it's not that big of a city, just 100 000 people.. But this is what I love about here - the closeness of nature.

Here's what the sky looked like from my balcony that eve:



Now my head is telling me I was stupid to ever open the computer and definitely need to go to sleep. Ouch. (Yesterday I fell asleep straight from work, before 7p). Hoping for a better day tomorrow... Blessings to you!

2 comments:

Karenkool said...

I hope you feel better already. Get lots of rest. I'd bring you some homemade soup if I could.

Get those black boots with the cute flowers. ;-) I got my daughter some orange ones when they were on a great sale. It really doesn't rain all that often here, for me to think rain boots are necessary, but lots of people have them.

Your country is beautiful!!!

Mimosa said...

Thanks Karen! Even the thought warms me. Think I'm making my soup today myself. Still sick, but a bit better. No temperature I think. It's morning here though...We'll see at the end of the day!

One needs wellies in the Autumn here Especially for walking to the train in the mornings, when going to work.. Even when it's not a long walk (5mins), leather shoes don't like it that much. And there CAN be mornings when it's absolutely pouring...so to keep my feet dry! I think I may opt for the black Vagabond ones in the bottom for going to work, but I want to get a much more colourful and funkier ones for free time usage.

PS. I'll be posting some much more beautiful photos from here soon!