09 July 2010

Coming up!


Just as a little side note, wanted to put up here what's ahead (maybe to remind myself the most): I have in my mind to post about Finnish balconies... (yes, you heard right ;)) and about Linkin Park. So that's what to wait! Don't have time to write these just yet. Officially on hols, but a lot to do..

Friends of mine (Finn-Brit couple) have moved to be my next door neighbours, literally. What a blessing! And a lovely surprise to come home to after I had been away for two weeks. Anyway, I want to share a a funny moment.

I was over at theirs for a coffee one morning a few days ago, and was explaining something, looking for the right word, itdidn't come to mind straight away... at first I said "valuable" to which Paul nodded "ohh yes" (as in understanding what I meant), to which I was no, no..a few moments of more thinking I finally got the right word: valid.

"Ohh haven't been speaking English for awhile, takes me to find words for a bit", I said.
To which Paul replied:
"Clearly neither have I".

LOL. And he
is English. And he doesn't speak Finnish (much). Hehe. Funny. Valuable and valid, they are pretty close? ;)

It was too early in the morning, we concluded.


It's amazing that they live here too.. Of all places in this city flat next to mine. Paul and I worked together last winter too. They are also one of the few people who visited me in Glasgow in my last leg there. I said nice that you guys missed me so much you had to move next door... ;D I am amazed at this, and blessed. I will live from this for the next month. :)

Live Love Laugh!

That's what my first birthday card said that arrived in the post this week. I'm turning 30 next week! Yikes! When did I get this "young"? Where did the decade go? :-)

3 comments:

Karenkool said...

You are turning 30??? Congrats. I LOVED turning thirty. I'm sorry I haven't been around much. Missed you. I love the music clips you post.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Mimosa said...

Karen, thanks! I am! Tomorrow, hehe :) Have to start loving it too! ü

Thanks for comment, nice to hear from you too! I was not blogging much myself last winter/spring, I've picked this up a bit more this summer.

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog