07 June 2009

Let's Pray for Europe!

A call to pray from Pete Greig, leader of 24-7 Prayer



And today I am voting in the Finnish European Parliament Elections! I love that I get to vote (to have that right, I appreciate it) - in my small way I get to say what I think, and to have a voice. It's an important spread of power that too. The option could be that we'd have no say whatsoever - that the leaders be chosen only by an elite or that there'd be e.g. absolute monarchy.

My sentimentalism could do with the fact that I have just been concentrating on studying Finnish history and in our lectures we just went through the time we got the general vote.. It's only just over 100 years old now! (1907) It is just something I appreciate.

PS Some links in Finnish on voting:

Edu.fi
Naisten täydet poliittiset oikeudet (you can get this one in English too)

No comments: