01 December 2005

New Month, New Things

"Good Tidings we bring..to you and your King..
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year"

So it's December! Wow! How did we end up here? But here we are! Sanna is moving out today to her own flat, which means that the computer goes too. So might be less blogging this month folks! I think maybe God wants to save me from becoming totally blog-a-ddicted and have some time actually to prepare for Christmas too. It's really beautiful here these days! We got winter properly today! Sooooooo beautiful. Looks white outside. I hope this snow stays and we'd get to go skiing and skating already in December! But yeah, I have enjoyed today. Thank you God for snow!!! It is sooooo beautiful! I'll try and take a photo sometime during this winter to show what it looks like out of my window.

We were at Reija-Riitta's last weekend and she made a good point about Christmas being more about the waiting and the preparing rather than the actual day. Have to say, I feel much more part of a celebration if I have been part of doing it, making it happen.. Rather than just sitting down to a ready-made table. Reija works at a kindergarden and they have been singing christimas carols for a month and talking about christmas, preparing the kids for things to come.. So, because of all the talk the kids are really excited come Christmas and looking forward to it! Hmm, might that be why God speaks to us about things to come. He prepares us.
He lets us know where things are heading, where we are going.. So we won't be shocked. Lately I have been having lots of experiences of God just telling me what is to come. I just kind of "know" what will happen, I cannot explain it, I just know. A thought just pops into my head concerning something that I didn't think myself, but just literally popped into my head before I had time to "think" even.

In John 14 Jesus says

1"Do not let your hearts be troubled.
Trust in God[a]; trust also in me.
2In my Father's house are many rooms;
if it were not so, I would have told you.
I am going there to prepare a place for you.
3And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come back and take you to be with me
that you also may be where I am.
4You know the way to the place where I am going."

No comments: