24 August 2008

Meaningful life

"Step into the light and see, how awesome you can be
Step into the light and see, how awesome you can be
Step into the light and see, how awesome you can be"

..is what Jason Mraz sings in this video at the beginning. I saw him live a wee while ago (was awesome), he got us singing "Every little thing is gonna be alright" and "I won't worry my life away". Generally I like his message(s) :) He said it's always summer in his head in one interview. I like the life view. Today I saw a friend and we talked about seeing life glass half full. In the bad times (and all times) concentrating on the things that are good. Gives you perspective. To see what we've got.

And then being back here, home in Finland, has made me realise what a high standard of living people have in here (generally). And what I see is people have so much, and still they are not (necessarily) happy. They don't see it or appreciate what they have! People have it so good here. Not all of course, but generally. It is such a high standard of living!! As the saying goes, the more you have, the greedier you get. I think that's our problem in western societies is that nothing is enough, we are not satisfied with anything, we need more, more, more all the time.

So I guess like Jason Mraz sings, you could say "Step into the light and see, how awesome you have got"

Ok, rant over :)


Step into the light and see, how awesome you can be! :)

4 comments:

God's Girl said...

I agree! Life is so much more than "things" - Contentment is found in Christ alone!

He is our peace!

All for Jesus,
Julie

Karenkool said...

Great post. I don't know of Jason Mraz. You're always introducing me of some great music. Thank you for that. Hoep you're doing well.

Mimosa said...

Thanks for comments! Check out his video "I'm Yours" Karen.

Mimosa said...

Btw Karen, I thought he was quite famous in the US! American he is anyway.