04 December 2006

Take me to your Leader

" They don't know why we care
They don't know what's out there
They don't know how it's done
Let's Take `Em To Our Leader's Son

They see we've got the joy
They see us live in joy
it's real, it's free, it's fun,
Let's Take `Em To Our Leader's Son"

Oh that our lives would really speak this way that it would make people ask who our leader was!

I was watching Newsboys videos on youtube and yesterday I read this speech given by Conan O'Brien at Harvard.. six years ago. Those made me think how I appreciate and admire people who don't give up, who keep pursuing their dreams and do their thing even when it might not succeed straight away or people laugh at you, dont get it, when you are criticised. I guess it is a matter of finding your thing - what is that thing that makes you tick, that gives you a burn inside, that you have a passion for, that you could die for (almost), not live without? What do you love to do? What do you enjoy doing?

Conan didn't give up. Rather good that speech actually bcos he tells in it what happened between graduating Harvard 1985, and starting the Late Night show in 1994.

And Newsboys have just kept at it, kept doing it for quite some time already. And I actually think that their songs and the whole thing just gets better by the years! So am really glad they have kept at it and not given up. They've got some really apt lyrics that speak directly to your heart.

Here's some lyrics that started affecting our lives back in 1998...That spoke to my heart.

"I'm not ashamed to let you know
I want this light in me to show"

"'
by the moon and the tide
like a man and his bride
i will wait on you,
Lord"

"He doesnt love us because of who we are,
He only loves us because of who He is."

I'll finish off today with a great song by Jeremy Camp, "Understand". He understands it all. He is my ever present help in time of need.

I know you understand it all
So why don't I get back on my feet again
You hear me when I call
You're there when I fall
You hear me when I call



God Bless you all! Much love, Meeee x

PS Special hugs to S, S & P..come visit meeeeeeeeeeee! Miss yous.

No comments: